15 Mar Protecting Your Home
In the US, Florida is known to be hit by most hurricanes and thunderstorms. The residential and commercial properties in the coastal region like Florida are always vulnerable to damages due to stormy winds and high pressure. The hurricanes and storms have the tendency to damage old or poorly constructed homes. It remains a challenge for the people in Florida to minimize the damages and keep the losses to a minimum. If you are the one, who is having properties in Florida then you have to use impact-resistant materials for protecting your homes from hurricanes.
The hurricane shutters and impact doors and windows will not only protect your homes but also reduce the risk of damages due to hurricanes and storms. Without the shutters and impact doors, the high-velocity winds can easily damage the roofs during the thunderstorms and hurricanes. The flying objects during the storm could damage the glass windows and doors. So, it is important to install hurricane shutters and impact glass windows and doors from the professionals if you want to protect your homes and commercial establishments.
The hurricane shutters come in various sizes and shapes and can easily fit any kind of window. You can put up hurricane shutters during construction of your home or even after completion.
How Hurricane Shutters Help in Protecting Your Home
- The hurricane shutters will prevent the glass of windows and doors from getting broken during the storm.
- They will also block the stormy winds from entering the homes and offices. This reduces the risk of valuable items getting damaged.
- When you use hurricane shutters, you will also qualify for discounts on insurance premiums and grants depending on your insurer and state.
- The hurricane shutters will easily increase your home’s resale value as the potential buyers in future will see the effort you have taken to safeguard your property.
- The hurricane shutters come in various types like roll-up shutters, storm panels, accordion shutters, etc.
How Impact Glass Help in Protecting Your Home
- Impact glass doors and windows are transparent and so they do not block natural lighting. This helps you save power bills.
- They are sturdy and durable and do not require much maintenance.
- They retain the heat during winter and block the heat during summer, thereby giving you a comfortable atmosphere inside your homes.
- If you are using costly interiors in your homes, the impact glass will protect them from harmful UV rays.
- They also keep the unwanted intruders away as the impact glass cannot be broken easily.
With hurricanes and thunderstorms common in Florida, it is important to use impact-resistant materials for protecting the homes and offices from damages. If you want to maintain the structural integrity of your home, you need to protect the envelope. The roof, windows, doors and walls should not be blown off or get damaged by the debris. You need to secure your homes by installing shutter windows, impact glass windows and doors. When you strengthen everything, you will not only save the costs due to damages but also protect your family members during a sudden onset of storms.